BE PREPARED FOR THE HEAT SUMMER CAN BRING
Summer doesn’t officially start until June, but it’s important to be familiar with the hazards that extreme heat can bring before hotter temperatures set in. Take precaution now and begin to prepare you and your loved ones:
- Check to see if your home’s cooling system is working properly.
- Make sure your home is well insulated and that you have weather stripping around your doors and window sills to keep the cool air inside.
- Install window air conditioners snugly; insulate if necessary.
- Check air-conditioning ducts for proper insulation.
- Install temporary window reflectors (for use between windows and drapes), such as aluminum foil-covered cardboard, to reflect heat back outside, and weather-strip doors and sills to keep cool air in.
You can read more about what to do before, during and after a heat wave here.