No Power? No Problem! Recipes
If you are stuck at home without electricity after a disaster, making a decent meal can be challenging. To help, some of Georgia’s best chefs have provided delicious recipes featuring non-perishable foods, manual tools and alternative heating sources that can feed a family of four.
These recipes are so delicious that you might not be able to wait for an emergency to try them! Click on the name of each dish below to see the complete recipe, or download a PDF that includes all of the 2014 or 2015 recipes.
The 2015 Recipes:
- Cheesy Chicken Tacos by Chef Jason Starnes of The Sun Dial Restaurant, Bar & View
- Curried Chicken and Rice by Chef Doug Turbush of Seed Kitchen & Bar and Stem Wine Bar
- Truck Stop Noodles with Braised Beef Jerky by Chef Lance Gummere of Bantam + Biddy and Chick-a-Biddy
- Salmon Pie by Julie Murphy, Elementary School Teacher and Winner of 2015 Amateur Recipe Contest
- Split Pea Soup with Beef Jerky, Orange, and Capers by Hugh Acheson of 5&10, The National, Empire State South, The Florence
- Chicken and Rice by Kevin Gillespie of Gunshow and Revival
- Lights Out Bouillabaisse by Doug Sanneman of Dovetail
The 2014 Recipes:
- Spicy Peanut Noodles by Chefs Chris Hall, Ryan Turner and Todd Mussman of Unsukay Community of Businesses
- Fra Diavolo by Chef Roberto Leoci of Leoci’s Trattoria
- Chicken Dijon Risotto by Chef Jason Starnes of The Sun Dial Restaurant, Bar & View
- Peanut and Sweet Potato Stew by Chef Ray Whitlock of The Georgia Club