Chicken Dijon Risotto
Recipe from Chef Jason Starnes of The Sun Dial Restaurant
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 can chunk chicken pieces
1 can (10 ¾ oz.) condensed cream of broccoli soup
1 can (10 ½ oz.) chicken broth
¾ cup water
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons dried parsley
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 small carrot, diced (about ¼ cup)
1 small yellow onion, diced (about ¼ cup)
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup uncooked regular white rice
- Using a camping stove, sauté onions and carrot in the vegetable oil until soft on medium.
- Then add rice, garlic and dried parsley to the onion mixture. Stir until well mixed.
- Next add water and Dijon mustard. Continually stir until most of the liquid has absorbed.
- Add chicken broth and broccoli soup and stir until well mixed.
- Cover and cook until rice is tender.
- While the rice is still hot, fold in the chicken and parmesan cheese.
- Heat for several minutes and then serve immediately.