No Power? No Problem!
Fan Recipe Facebook Contest
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF GEORGIA WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY
By entering this Contest, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may result in disqualification. All decisions of the Sponsor regarding this Contest are final and binding in all respects.
The object of the No Power? No Problem! Fan Recipe contest is to invite all Georgians to submit recipes that require only non-perishable foods and alternative heating sources. The top recipe will be selected to compete against notable Georgia chefs in a September contest where fans will vote for their overall favorite recipe.
- No purchase or other obligation is necessary to participate.
- CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins July 13, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. (EST) and ends on July 31, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. (EST), when all entries must be received (“Contest Period”).
- This Contest is only open to legal residents of the U.S. state of Georgia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry and have a valid FACEBOOK®1 account, except any party associated with the development or administration of this Contest, including employees of the Georgia Emergency Management Agency, and the immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse) of and persons residing in the same household as such individuals. This Contest is void outside of Georgia (including any other jurisdiction in which registration or bonding is required or may become required at any time during the Contest).
1 FACEBOOK® is a registered trademark of FACEBOOK, INC.
- RECIPE REQUIREMENTS: Create and submit an original recipe that could feed a family of four who is stuck at home without electricity. Use only non-perishable foods, manual tools and alternative heating sources, like grills, fireplaces, camping equipment, etc.
- There will be one (1) grand prize winner at the conclusion of the contest. The grand prize winner’s recipe will compete against notable Georgia chefs’ recipes during the No Power? No Problem! Recipe contest in September 2015. The winner will also receive a Ready kit from The Home Depot (valued at $100). The winner shall solely bear all risk of loss of the Prize.
- JUDGING. Winner will be selected by a panel of judges sometime between August 2, 2015 and August 7, 2015.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. Winner selection will be conducted at the end of the contest July 31, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. (EST). The grand prize winner will be announced on August 10, 2015. Any potential winner will be notified via e-mail and/or direct message via Facebook. The potential winner, upon being notified by the Sponsor, must respond to the Sponsor within three (3) business days and provide the Sponsor with his/her contact details, including mailing address and telephone number. If a potential winner cannot be contacted or does not respond within three (3) business days from the date the Sponsor first tries to notify the winner, and/or the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Contest or receive the Prize, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Upon selecting a potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Contest, including without limitation the legal residence requirement, the execution of any waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, such individual will be declared one the “winners” of the Contest. In case of any dispute, the decisions of Sponsor are final. If for any reason there are no eligible entrants or a winner cannot be determined, such Prize shall be forfeited to the Sponsor and shall no longer be available for claim as a Prize in this Contest.
- RELEASE, WARRANTIES AND CONSENT. Except where prohibited by law: (i) Entering the Contest constitutes the consent of any entrant, without further compensation, to contact the entrant via FACEBOOK® and send the entrant FACEBOOK® messages, including periodic updates regarding the Ready Georgia fan page, the Contest or future events held by Sponsor. (ii) Acceptance of the Prize constitutes the consent of the winner, without further compensation, to use the name and likeness of such winner for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor. (iii) Acceptance of the Prize constitutes a release of the Sponsor Entities by the winner of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Contest and the use, misuse, or possession of the Prize.
- PRIZE COLLECTION. The prizes will be shipped by the Sponsor at the Sponsor’s cost to the winners at an address in the state of Georgia provided by the winner. If the winner does not provide a valid address within three (3) business days from the date the Sponsor first tries to notify the winner, or if the Prize notification or the selected products are returned as undeliverable, the winner forfeits all rights to the Prize and to the selected products and Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate potential winner in accordance with Section 7.
- NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion and without prior notice to substitute the Prize for another of equal or greater value, to reschedule when the Prize may be claimed or cancel or revoke the Contest entirely.
- DISCLAIMERS. (i) Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incomplete, for any reason, including by reason of mutilation, illegibility, non-delivery or computer, software or human error at Sponsor’s headquarters or elsewhere, will not be eligible. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed submitted by the person named on or in connection with the Contest Entry at the time of entry. (ii) Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process. Use of multiple Contest Entries is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor. (iii) Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of unavailability of the Prize, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. (iv) Sponsor Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Contest, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel this Contest based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. (v) SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS CONTEST OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING THE PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF EACH PRIZE. (vi) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Georgia. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Contest will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Georgia and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Georgia. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Contest and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
- SPONSORSHIP INFORMATION. This Contest is sponsored by the Georgia Emergency Management Agency. (“Sponsor”).
For winner information (available after July 31, 2015) or an additional copy of the Official Rules, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Ready Georgia, Cookerly Public Relations 3424 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 500, Atlanta, GA 30326 (“Sponsor”). Specify ” National Preparedness Month “No Power, No Problem” Recipe Facebook Contest.”