Terrorism. It’s a scary word. Terrorist acts are designed to catch people off guard, wreaking physical destruction as well as psychological distress. Is it possible to be prepared?
Not only can we be prepared for terrorism, but we must. In the latest Ready Georgia podcast, Gary Kelley, deputy director of homeland security for Georgia, provides insight on the types of attacks most likely to strike our state and on the role each of us can play in preventing terrorism.
To help you stay informed about all types of emergencies, Ready Georgia is giving away a NOAA weather radio to one podcast listener.
• PRIZE: Midland NOAA weather radio
• TO ENTER: Listen to the podcast and comment on this post with your answer to the question, “What have you done (or will you do) to get ready for emergencies?”
• GIVEAWAY CLOSES: Friday, October 8 at Noon (Eastern)
• NUMBER OF WINNERS: One
• PRIZE SHIPS: State of Georgia only
• RULES: Open to Georgia residents only. One entry per e-mail address is permitted. The winner will be selected using random.org and announced on Friday.
A transcript of the podcast can be found here.